As August 2017 draws to a close, here is an episode we recorded in May with a lead-in we recorded earlier in August. It’s been a busy summer. Topics include: Martin Haye’s Satan Mode disk, Reactive Micro’s universal power supply, Paul Rickards’ WiFi232, Big Mess o’ Wires’ Floppy Emu, John Morris’ Applesauce, Great Plains Hardisk Accounting.
Here are some of the links that relate to the stuff we talked about.
Cult of Mac article: Today in History, Apple Introduces the Doomed Apple ///.
Martin Haye’s HackFest 2017 entry (“Satan mode” boot disk)
- HackFest video descriptions (Martin’s is first)
- Apple III development memos (last two are most pertinent)
Reactive Micro’s universal power supply kit for Apple ///
Toshiba FlashAir WiFi-enabled SD card
FlashAir SD card developers site
- Floppy Emu on the Apple /// (as a boot disk)
- Unidisk firmware update for Floppy Emu
John Morris’ talk about Applesauce at KansasFest 2017
Apple ///s crunching election data
Apple Orchard scans on yesterbits.com
- v5n6 July 1984 (last Paul’s ever laid eyes on) will be there (and on archive.org) shortly.
Great Plains Hardisk Accounting and related links
- GP Modules listed in the Resource Guide
- 20 years ago, Great Plains had a reunion
- GP logos through the years
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Manuals and disk images when finished will be posted in a separate blog post on either/both yesterbits.com and/or drop-iii-inches.com
[A couple of these links are I.O.U.s, like the Apple Orchard and Hardisk Accounting links, which will come later, but we just wanted to get this episode finally posted.]
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS